Andi Orlowski is a health economist and the Director of the Health Economics Unit, an NHS organisation supporting health and care locally, regionally and nationally, providing expertise in economics, population health, analytics and evaluations.
With a passion for population health analytics, Andi is excited about addressing health inequalities and the concept of impactibility modelling. He is researching this for his PhD at Imperial College London.
- Senior Advisor for NHS England on Population Health Management in the Data and Analytics Directorate, working with and advising Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) and Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
- President at AphA Analysts, a community interest company, aiming to raise the profile of healthcare analysts and provide a professional support network. Andi is in this post from January to December 2022.
- A Council Member at the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) which provides independent support and guidance to its members and the wider healthcare community.
Meet the rest of our passionate team.
- Orlowski A, Gale CP, Ashton R, Petrungaro B, Slater R, Nadarajah R, et al. Clinical and budget impacts of changes in oral anticoagulation prescribing for atrial fibrillation. Heart. 2021;107(1):47-53. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33122302
- Buck J, Fromings Hill J, Martin A, Springate C, Ghosh B, Ashton R, and Orlowski A. Reasons for discontinuing oral anticoagulation therapy for atrial fibrillation: a systematic review. Age Ageing. 2021. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33693496
- Wong KY, Davies B, Adeleke Y, Woodcock T, Matthew D, Sekelj S, et al. Hospital admissions for stroke and bleeding in Hounslow following a quality improvement initiative. Open Heart. 2021;8(1). https://openheart.bmj.com/content/8/1/e001558
- De Oliveira H, Prodel M, Lamarsalle L, Inada-Kim M, Ajayi K, Wilkins J and Orlowski A. “Bow-tie” optimal pathway discovery analysis of sepsis hospital admissions using the Hospital Episode Statistics database in England. JAMIA Open. 2020;3(3):439-48.
- Orlowski A, Wilkins J, Ashton R, Slater R, Smith W, Belsey J. Budget impacts associated with improving diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation in high-risk stroke patients. J Comp Eff Res. 2020;9(4):253-62. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32100562
- Cowan JC, Wu J, Hall M, Orlowski A, West RM, Gale CP. A 10 year study of hospitalized atrial fibrillation-related stroke in England and its association with uptake of oral anticoagulation. Eur Heart J. 2018;39(32):2975-83. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29982405
- Orlowski A, Snow S, Humphreys H, et al. Bridging the impactibility gap in population health management: a systematic review. BMJ Open 2021;0:e052455. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2021-052455.