Here are some real world examples of how we use health economics. They explain how we work with a range of clients to help them overcome strategic challenges for health and care services, answer difficult questions and work with them to make better decisions to transform the delivery of health and care.
We work in partnership with the NHS and industry, deploying advanced economic thinking.
Selected case studies:
- Hospital admissions for stroke and bleeding following a quality improvement initiative
- How integrated care systems can find the best way to allocate resources to make the biggest impact on population health.
- Assessing the budget impact of Toric lens surgery in the NHS: Case study – TORIC project.
- Developing new cancer endpoints to improve patient care: HEU078 Case study – Cancer surrogate endpoints 121021.
- The impact of a software analysis tool for supporting NHS community mental health services: HEU089 Case study – MaST project v2.
- Using a population health management tool to improve health outcomes for patients: HEU125 Case study – Herefordshire and Worcestershire PHM Tool FINAL 300922.