Matching your capacity to demand
Commissioners and providers both aim to have sufficient capacity in place to meet the demand for specific health services, and to ensure that all elements of a service pathway are being resourced at the right levels.
Because healthcare pathways are complex and may involve more than one organisation, modelling of the pathway is better understood if it is broken down into smaller, more manageable component parts for assessment.
Our demand and capacity modelling service helps you understand your pathways and how the different elements come together, and to assess and explain the current service demand and variations in demand. This helps you check whether there are any unmet needs. Modelling also supports planning for sufficient capacity moving forwards and identifies any bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
Our demand and capacity modelling service includes:
- Working with clients to understand the area they want to model and scope the research needed
- Reviewing and validating existing models, including testing on alternative datasets
- Identifying the best data available for use
- Pulling together a stakeholder group
- Running user testing and gaining feedback to support usability and adoption
- Developing a user guide
- Producing a full working model for implementation.
Learn about our population health analytics service.