We’re excited to reveal the first expert speakers who will be appearing at July’s national Health and Care Analytics conference.
Including leading figures from the UK’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic, noted writers and broadcasters, the speakers will be sharing their insights and experience at the event, held at the University of Birmingham.
Health and Care Analytics 2023 is the first ever national conference of its kind, and this year’s theme is ‘analysts as influencers’ – leading the conversation and driving innovation in their field.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ben Goldacre – Doctor, academic and writer, author of the Goldacre Review
- Clare Griffiths – Population Health Surveillance lead at Department of Health and Social Care and former Head of the UK Coronavirus dashboard
- Michael Blastland – Writer and broadcaster and Deputy Chair of Royal Papworth Hospital
- Ming Tang – Chief Data and Analytics Officer at NHS England
- Pouria Hadjibagheri – Software engineer and data scientist, former technical lead of the UK Coronavirus Dashboard
Conference co-chair Ben Goldacre said: “I’m delighted to be co-chair of national Health and Care Analytics Conference.
“I’ve said before that it’s vital the importance of analytics is recognised in health and care, and this conference is a huge step in making that happen.”
Health and Care Analytics 2023 is sponsored by the four NHS Commissioning Support Units, and designed and lead by The Strategy Unit, in collaboration with the Health Economics Unit, as part of the commitment to develop 21st century analytics in health and care.
This year’s theme is Analyst as Influencers, shining a spotlight on the importance of analyst’s work and how we’re using analytics to lead the way in improving health and care for all.
The conference takes place on 11-12 July, at the University of Birmingham. You can register for in-person and online tickets at the official website.